Facebook Stalker Follows Vulnerable Girl Back to Her Google Plus Account

Laurence Brown | Monday, April 23, 2012 | | | | Best Blogger Tips

INTERNET - Friends of pretty 18-year-old Katy Donahue have heard how, on Wednesday April 11, a Facebook stalker followed Miss Donahue all the way back to her Google Plus page, seemingly intent on viewing alluring profile pictures not available on the teen’s Facebook account.

Miss Donahue logged out of Facebook at approximately 10:37pm after Paul Rix, the alleged stalker, offered her a virtual drink via the Send Beer application.

“I barely even knew the guy, so I wasn’t about to accept a pixelated drink from him,” she said. “I felt a little uneasy knowing he was logged into Facebook, especially since my friends had all logged off for the night, so I logged out earlier than usual.”

Image credit: Flickr. dumbledad. Creative Commons.

Having set off on the late journey back to Google Plus, Miss Donahue became aware she was being followed just 3 clicks after leaving Facebook. “I stopped off at Gmail.com just to pick up some PDF files I needed for work when I noticed Paul Rix sitting at the top of my inbox. He’d left an invite to join him on Bebo, which freaked me out because I was in the Bebo network just this past weekend.”

Opting to miss out usual stop-off points such as Yahoo.com and YouTube, Miss Donahue headed home to Google Plus where she was confronted once again by a persistent Rix. “I couldn't believe it. I’d barely entered my profile when there, in my message box, was a link to some political thingy posted by guess who? It was pretty surreal.”

Friends of Miss Donahue say it is highly likely that Rix spent additional time “checking out” the 824 pictures uploaded to her profile, as well as the 16.5 minutes of video footage posted to both her Google Plus and Facebook accounts. “Let’s face it; we all know internet stalking goes on. The fact that Paul Rix is always online at the same time as Katy is more than a reason to be nervous.”

However, responding to the accusations, a bewildered Rix said that he hadn’t intended to cause any trouble, insisting: “I can’t even remember who the hell Katy Donahue is. I just sent those messages to everyone”.

ShareThis