Hardworking Employee Kind of Thought Email from Boss Would Say More than 'Thanks, Andrew'

The Editor | Tuesday, October 02, 2012 | | | Best Blogger Tips

INDIANAPOLIS - Eagerly checking his company inbox Tuesday, aspiring accounts clerk Andrew Pancek kind of hoped that his boss Daniel's reply, having presumably read that Pancek had successfully met the company's audit quota for the month of September, would go a little further than just the word "thanks."

Insisting that he did not expect an essay or anything, the 27-year-old at least anticipated some kind of acknowledgment that he had gone above and beyond for the company, or even a gesture along the lines of "way to go, Andrew."

"I know Daniel is really busy, what with getting a bunch of new clients last month," he said, reading back over the conversation. "But, I don't know, I guess I thought he would tell me what a great job I'm doing, or offer some sort of recognition of the overtime I put in to get these things up-to-date. Just something."

"I mean, it's not a big deal," he continued. "It just would have been nice, is all."

Glancing briefly over other seemingly curt emails from his employer, Pancek wondered momentarily whether the retorts were indicative of a wider, unspoken work relationship breakdown.

"I hope everything is cool between us, because I really did think that my achievements over the past few days were worthy of some kind pat on the back."

"Perhaps I'd better go out of my way to be extra nice to Daniel next time he's in this part of the building," he concluded.  


More Business Stories

ShareThis