Obituary - William Kleinman

Doug Powers | Sunday, September 23, 2012 | | Best Blogger Tips

William T. Kleinman, 56, was killed September 22 in an automobile accident at US 36 and Dan Jones Road in Avon. Kleinman was in the rightmost westbound lane of US 36 when the light turned green. He proceeded into the intersection and was struck by a northbound pickup truck driven by Steven Peller, 32, as it sped through the red light on Dan Jones Road. Peller failed a breathalyzer test administered at the scene and was arrested. Witness David Williams said he was lucky he was not the victim. “I was in the left lane going west on 36, so if I’d pulled out there he’d have hit me first,” said Williams. “I was a little slow coming off the light because I was texting my wife. That guy who got killed must have been paying attention to the traffic signal.” A visibly shaken Williams added, “My god. If I hadn’t been texting and driving, I’d be dead right now.”

ShareThis