Obituary - Solomon Rustie

Doug Powers | Friday, September 21, 2012 | | | Best Blogger Tips

Solomon J. "Sol" Rustie, 63, was murdered September 19 in his Fishers home, in an apparent case of mistaken identity. Waylon Fortner of New Palestine, 45, who was arrested and charged with Rustie’s slaying, told reporters, “You mean that ain’t the guy them Iranians want dead? Well hell! Damn if his name don’t look like that guy’s. I thought it was weird, him livin’ in Indiana and all. But for three million bucks I didn’t want to take no chances on missin’ out.” When asked why he would want to carry out the fatwa against Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie, Fortner replied, “Naw, I ain’t Muslim. I’m a good, God-fearin’ Christian like the good Lord intended. But for that kind of money I’d skin and mount my own grandmother right up there over the fireplace.” Services for Mr. Rustie will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Indianapolis.

ShareThis