Sweating Romney Can't Stop Asking Advisers How He Did Out There

Laurence Brown | Wednesday, October 03, 2012 | | | | Best Blogger Tips

DENVER, CO - Following Wednesday's opening presidential debate at the University of Denver, a sweating Mitt Romney would not stop asking advisers how he did. 

Nervously loosening his tie, the former Massachusetts governor stormed into campaign manager Matt Rhoades' temporary office, demanding: "well?" 

Though several staffers affirmed that the Republican candidate had performed favorably in his debate with incumbent Barack Obama, Romney asked everyone, from his wife Ann to 22-year-old Republican intern Kevin Tisley, whether he did all right out there tonight.

"Look, I've got to know," said Mr. Romney to a passerby who appeared to be wearing a Romney/Ryan 2012 t-shirt. "Did I nail it tonight?"

"I mean, I know you were probably backstage for most of the debate, but tell me: from what you saw, did I hold my own? Did I?"

Seemingly unwilling to listen to supportive messages from fellow Republicans and campaign strategists, a frantic Mr. Romney vowed to give a live televised conference on Thursday in which he will ask the nation: "honestly, what did you think?"


More National Stories | More Election Coverage | More Mitt Romney News

ShareThis