Dear Dr. Sister, I Cannot Stand My Brother's Wife

Dr. Sister | Monday, October 15, 2012 | | | | Best Blogger Tips

Dear Dr. Sister:

My sister-in-law is driving me bonkers. Any time we get together, she lets me know in every way possible that I'm falling short of her high standards. "Gee, your house looks bigger from the street"; "I wish I could be like you and not care about how I look so I could stop working out so much"; "Of course, I realize that the people in your small town haven't even heard about granite counter-tops, but...". I love my brother and don't want to alienate him, but I'm also afraid that if I hear one more crack I will blow my top! What can I do?

-Steamed in Schererville



My Sweet Steamed,

Your sister-in-law seems like a real jerk. But, let's be honest with ourselves here. Could you make your house a little bigger? Maybe consider an addition? Are you working out? Doing the best that you can? Staying fit? Wearing make-up when you know she's coming over? And, I'd just like to add that the convent got new granite counter-tops last weekend and they look fabulous! Or, better yet...screw her. Have a glass of wine, enjoy your easy-to-heat house, sweatpants and ugly face. Cheers!

Catholically Yours,
Sista

ShareThis